Oak Street Stage presents the return of SRQ Revue—a Lighthearted Look at Our Beloved Hometown, to be held on Friday, May 10th, at 7:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. The show is a lively mix of genres, including musical theater, opera, world music, theater organ, jazz, and pop/rock styles. After an enthusiastically received premiere in 2018, SRQ Revue is back for a second year with a completely new slate featuring some of Sarasota’s finest talent, along with house band and choir. Performers include:
· Jason Stearns—acclaimed baritone from the Metropolitan Opera
· ZunZuneo—world music trio combining flamenco, native, and Latin sounds
· Scott Novotny—comedian with McCurdy’s Comedy Club
· Laura Wazen—jazz singer
· David Addis—performer and Asolo Theatre Company Manager
· Lonnetta Gaines—actor from Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe
· House Band—drummer Nick Bruno, bassist Joe Bruno, trumpeter Luca Stine, pianist Steven Phillips
· Organists Mary Mozelle and Steven Phillips
Oak Street Stage is a local venue whose purpose is to connect artists and audiences through live music. Concerts are informal, and are held at First Presbyterian Church on 2050 Oak Street, and content is family friendly and nonreligious in nature. Admission is free; voluntary donations are happily accepted. For more information, call (941) 955-8119, email email@example.com, or see https://www.facebook.com/oakstreetstage/.
SRQ Revue is a lighthearted look at our beloved hometown, featuring some of the most sought-after instrumentalists and singers from the Sarasota-Manatee region.
Last year’s talent included such local luminaries as celebrated jazz singer Synia Carroll, stage and opera star Jenny Kim-Godfrey, and Venice entertainer extraordinaire Eric Watters. If you like Prairie Home Companion, you’ll love this slightly irreverent celebration of life on Planet SRQ. Join us for the best of what Sarasota has to offer — which is very good indeed!